You are here

State/FEMA Recovery Centers Open in Cleveland, Grady, Oklahoma and Pittsburg Counties

Oklahomans affected by the recent severe storms occurring May 5-June 4 now have another place to go to receive information about state and federal disaster assistance that may be available.

Another Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) officially opens at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10, 2015, in Pittsburg County at this address:

Pittsburg County Fire Fighters Association
1505 E. Wade Watts Ave., McAlester, OK 74501
Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday

This is the fourth DRC to open in Oklahoma. The others are located in Cleveland, Grady and Oklahoma counties at these addresses:

  • Noble High School; 4601 E. Etowah Rd., Noble, OK 73068; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
  • Bridge Creek Elementary School, Upper Grade Cafeteria; 2209 E. Sooner Rd., Blanchard, OK 73010; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
  • Plaza Mayor at the Crossroads (Formerly Crossroads Mall), 7000 Crossroads Blvd., Northwest Entrance (Accessible from Southwest 66th Street), Suite 2042, Oklahoma City, OK 73149; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday

DRCs are one-stop shops where survivors can get information and guidance about what disaster assistance may be available.  Specialists from the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and other certain federal agencies are on hand at the recovery centers to answer questions.

Survivors can apply for state and federal assistance online at or via smartphone or by calling 1-800-800-621-FEMA (3362) or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 1-800-621-3362 to register.

For more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery, click or visit OEM at

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 1-800-462-7585.

The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) prepares for, responds to, recovers from and mitigates against emergencies and disasters. The department delivers service to Oklahoma cities, towns and counties through a network of more than 350 local emergency managers.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards. Follow us on Twitter at and the FEMA Blog at

The SBA is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. These disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other recoveries and do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations. For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-659-2955, emailing, or visiting SBA’s website at Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 1-800-877-8339.