You are here

State/FEMA Recovery Center Opens in Oklahoma City

People in Oklahoma affected by the recent severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds and flooding can soon visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in Oklahoma City. The DRC officially opens tomorrow, Saturday, May 30, 2015, at 7 a.m.

While a visit to the DRC is not required for those applying for federal aid, it is a one-stop shop where survivors can go for one-on-one information about state, federal or other disaster assistance that may be available. The center is located at this address:

Oklahoma County
Plaza Mayor at the Crossroads (Formerly Crossroads Mall)
7000 Crossroads Blvd., Northwest Entrance (Accessible from Southwest 66th Street), Suite 2042, Oklahoma City, OK 73149
Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice

Specialists from the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Customer Service Representatives from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be on hand to answer questions. Visitors can:

  • Discuss their individual disaster-related needs.
  • Submit any additional documentation needed, such as phone bills or letters from insurance companies.
  • Find out the status of an application.
  • Obtain information about different types of state and federal assistance.
  • Get help from SBA specialists in completing low-interest disaster loan applications for businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners and renters.
  • Receive referrals to the American Red Cross and other voluntary organizations to help with immediate unmet needs.
  • Learn cost-effective measures to reduce the impact of future disaster losses.
  • Consult with available mitigation experts.

Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repairs or replacement costs, money for necessary expenses and serious needs caused by the disaster or low-interest SBA loans for losses not covered by insurance or other sources. FEMA does not distribute cash, checks, debit cards or vouchers at centers.

Disaster Recovery Centers will open next week in Cleveland and Grady counties. However, residents in those counties may visit the center in Oklahoma City until that time.

Survivors can also apply for state and federal assistance online at or via smartphone or tablet by using the FEMA app or going to People may also call 1-800-621-3362 or (TTY) or 1-800-462-7585 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 1-800-621-3362.

Registering with FEMA is required to be considered for federal aid, even if the person has registered with another disaster-relief organization such as the American Red Cross, or local community or church organization.

FEMA registrants must use the name that appears on their Social Security card. Applicants will be asked to provide:

  • Social Security Number
  • Address of the damaged home or apartment
  • Description of the damage
  • Information about insurance coverage
  • A current contact telephone number
  • An address where they can get mail
  • Bank account and routing numbers if they want direct deposit of any financial assistance.

For more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery, click or visit OEM at

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status.  If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 1-800-462-7585.

The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) prepares for, responds to, recovers from and mitigates against emergencies and disasters. The department delivers service to Oklahoma cities, towns and counties through a network of more than 350 local emergency managers.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards. Follow us on Twitter at and the FEMA Blog at

The SBA is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. These disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other recoveries and do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations. For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-659-2955, emailing, or visiting SBA’s website at Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 1-800-877-8339.