Another Mobile Disaster Recovery Center will be available to help people in Oklahoma who were affected by the severe storms, straight-line winds, flooding and tornadoes occurring May 5 through June 4.
A Mobile DRC officially opens Friday, June 19, 2015 at 7 a.m. in Johnston County at:
Tishomingo High School (Band Room), 1300 E. Main St., Tishomingo, OK 73460
(This MDRC closes on Monday, June 22 at 7 p.m.)
The hours for the Mobile DRC are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
DRCs are one-stop shops where survivors can get information and guidance about what disaster assistance may be available. Specialists from the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other federal agencies and volunteer organizations are on hand at the recovery centers to answer questions.
Other DRC locations in Cleveland, Comanche, Grady, Le Flore, Oklahoma, Pittsburg and Pottawatomie counties include:
- Community Shelter Safe Room/Poteau High School (MDRC), 100 Pirate Lane, Poteau, OK 74953; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday; 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Please note that effective Sunday, June 21, the DRCs below will be open from 9 a.m. to 7p.m. Monday – Saturday. Closed Sunday.
- Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center, 1700 W.Independence St., Section D, Shawnee, OK 74802; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Tomlinson Middle School Commons Area, 702 N.W. Homestead Dr., Lawton, OK 73505; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Pittsburg County Firefighters Association, 1505 E. Wade Watts Ave., McAlester, OK 74501; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Noble High School; 4601 E. Etowah Rd., Noble, OK 73068; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.Monday – Saturday.
- Bridge Creek Elementary School, Upper Grade Cafeteria; 2209 E. Sooner Rd., Blanchard, OK 73010; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Plaza Mayor at the Crossroads (Formerly Crossroads Mall), 7000 Crossroads Blvd., Northwest Entrance (Accessible from Southwest 66th Street), Suite 2042, Oklahoma City, OK 73149; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
Survivors can apply for state and federal assistance online at www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362) or (TTY) 800-462-7585. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 800-621-3362 to register.