You are here

How and When Should I Contact My Insurance Company or Agent?

Submitted by Doug Doe on Mon, 06/06/2016 - 5:32pm

If your area has storm damage, it is likely your local agent is dealing with the same issues. You should have a copy of your policy or insurance card with your disaster preparation materials, but if you do not, an insurance company representative should be able to help you find this information. Often insurance companies will mobilize disaster response teams to come to you following large-scale disasters. A disaster response team that comes to your area can help you figure out what damages are covered, can start your insurance claim and will often cut you a check toward that claim to help you start the recovery process.

The Oklahoma Insurance Department will also help you find contact information for your insurance company following a widespread disaster. They can also help answer questions about your coverage or assist if you are having problems with your claim.